For any website development or redesign project we go through a process to come up with the best solution that suits your organization.
Step 1: Initial conversation
We gather detailed information from you such as…
- Current marketing strategy.
- What you would like your website to accomplish?
- Who is your target audience?
- When approximately would you need your website completed?
We ask a lot of questions here because we have to in order to come up with the right solution.
If we determine that we are the right fit for what you are looking to accomplish we proceed to the next step, if not we are more than happy to point you in the right direction to something that might be more in line with what you are looking to accomplish.
Step 2: Proposal & Contract
We write up and submit a project proposal along with a contract. The proposal consists of…
- Snapshot of your organization today.
- Business needs: What specifically the website needs to accomplish.
- Target audience needs: Who is the websites target audience and what it needs to provide them.
- Solution: Our recommended solution which outlines what the website will be designed to do along with any “behind the scenes” features, web hosting recommendations.
- Project Timeline: This is an outline of the following steps, steps 3, 4, 5, etc.
- Investment: An outline of the project essentials along with recommended project options.
- FAQ’s: Frequently asked questions regarding proposals.
- Next Steps: The acceptance of the proposal, payment schedule, contract, initial payment and submission of all content by client for work to proceed.
Step 3: Planning
Just like building a house, a website needs a blueprint before you can build it.
- Create a sitemap.
- Install on our development server, WordPress prototype based on the sitemap so you can get a look and feel for the prototype.
- Select the required theme and plugins.
Step 4: Design
- Design of the website user experience and user interface to allow the target audience to easily navigate and use the website to achieve their needs.
- Design review.
- Get the customer’s feedback.
- Change design as required.
Step 5: Development
- Move from prototype to an actual functional website.
- Elements such as contact forms, eCommerce shopping carts, maps, video feeds are implemented and made functional.
- Any content that you supply or contract us to provide is put in place.
- Site review.
- Get customers feedback.
- Implement any changes as required.
Step 6: Testing and Delivery
This is where we attend to the final details and ultimately your websites launch.
- Test complete functionality of menus, forms, links or other scripts.
- Test for last minute compatibility issues with different browsers and platforms such as PC/Mac, tablets, smartphones.
- Submit site for customer approval.
- When we receive final approval and final payment the website will be uploaded to the customers web host and will be put through one last run-through just to confirm that the files uploaded correctly.
- Your website is submitted to the major search engines.
- Your website is now viewable to the public.
Step 7: Maintenance
Even though WordPress gives you the ability to create and edit content on your website, it still requires regular maintenance similar to a computer or smartphone. WordPress theme and plugins require periodic software updates to maintain compatibility, fixes, and security updates. Maintenance also includes regular site backups and security scans. While we include 2 months of maintenance after the launching of a website, we do recommend that our customers sign up for our Website Maintenance subscription to maintain continuous coverage.
Mon - Fri: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Major Holidays: Closed