For any website development or redesign project, Pixel Agility goes through a process to come up with the best solution that suits your organization.
Step 1: Consultation
This is a short 15–30 minute video or phone meeting to determine if Pixel Agility is a good fit for your website project. We’ll run through a short questionnaire to determine:
- A description of your business, how long have you been in business
- Challenges your business is currently facing
- What do you want visitors to accomplish or what action do you want them to take
- What pages would you want, such as Home, Services, About, Contact, etc?
- What kind of budget have you put together for the project
- Estimated or required project completion date
- Do you have a domain, hosting, or an existing website
After the meeting, a project estimate will be put together and e-mailed to you for your review and any other key decision makers. The estimate will be a price range. Upon acceptance of the estimate, we can move on to Discovery.
Step 2: Discovery
Using a longer questionnaire, a longer call (approximately 1 hour) would be conducted to fully scope out the project so that Pixel Agility can provide a project price. Some of the information gathered is…
- Key decision makers other than yourself
- Current marketing strategy, social media, print ads, etc.
- Current branding if any, logos, colors, tagline, etc.
- The website’s target audience and what does it need to provide them
- A deeper dive into the kind of pages you would require
- How will you measure the website’s success
- Your three main competitors
- Websites of three businesses in your industry, what do you like about them, what don’t you like about them
- Website styling you prefer, modern, classic, bold, peaceful, etc.
- Do you have existing content or would you need assistance with content?
A lot of questions are asked, in order come up with the right solution.
*A Discovery Fee may be required for larger projects that include a large number of pages, e-Commerce, Learning Management Systems, or Membership sites. The Discovery Fee would be applied toward your initial project payment.
Step 3: Solution
A project proposal is created outlining the best solution based on the discovery process. The proposal includes the following…
- Snapshot of where your business is today and where it is going
- Business needs: What specifically the website needs to accomplish
- Who is the businesses target audience and what does the website need to provide them
- Project timeline
- Website features such as contact form, mailing list sign-up, shopping cart, events calendar, etc.
- List of recommended webpages
- Estimated costs outside the scope of the project such as domain registration/renewal, required software licenses or subscriptions that Pixel Agility does not posses, stock image search and acquisition.
Upon acceptance of the proposal, a Master Services Agreement (contract) would be generated that references the signed proposal. The Master Service Agreement would also include…
- Payment schedule with design reviews
- Completion date
- Both parties’ responsibilities, disclaimers, and limitations
- Hosting and Website Maintenance coverage details
Step 4: Design
Pixel Agility will build out a wireframe on a development server which is purely a low-fidelity structural representation of the website without any styling such as fonts.
The wireframe would give you a feel for the website’s menu and page layouts. Typically, filler text and notes would be included as to what would be going on a page or what content is needed from you.
When the wireframe is complete the first review meeting would be scheduled to discuss any required changes. From here on, the website would be available for you to view its progress. You would be required to supply the website’s content (text, photos, graphics, etc.) at this time.
Mobile device testing is done from this point forward.
Step 5: Development
Upon approval of the wireframe, we would move into the development phase, fonts and brand colors would be applied. Pixel Agility would style out 2 -3 pages and once complete a second review meeting would be scheduled to discuss any required changes before moving forward.
Design elements would be applied to the rest of the website.
- Forms, links, and any other required features would be made functional
- Cross-browser testing would be conducted to ensure the website renders correctly with modern day browsers
- Images would be optimized
- Mobile device testing would continue
Upon completion of development, the third review meeting would be scheduled to discuss any minor changes required before moving to the testing and delivery phase.
Step 6: Testing & Delivery
This is where Pixel Agility attends to the final details and ultimately your website’s launch.
- Transfer the website to a live production server
- Map the website to your domain
- Enable SSL Certificate
- Do a final run-through to make sure things like forms and links are working
- Submit website to search engines
- The website will be viewable to the public
- Congratulations you are on the air!
Remember all new websites come with one year of hosting and Maintenance Plan coverage so you are covered in regard to any content updates you supply.
LET'S START SOMETHING NEW!
Schedule a 15-minute Free, No-obligation consultation to discuss your new website project.
Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Major Holidays: Closed